Sunday, December 16, 2007

Will I Ever Learn?

Ok, so I thought the few things I had planned for today would be fine. My body decided it was too much and I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually had to call a friend to bail me out. I was stuck in the shoe department of Wally's, I was so light headed I was afraid to move. I had already started to lose my sight and balance and decided to sit to wait it out. After 20 minutes, I was still not good, so I called a friend (thank you H) to come rescue me. She got me home (had a few contractions on the way) and I went straight to bed. The contractions finally ended after about 40 minutes and then I chilled out with my kids serving me my dinner and getting them to bed from the recliner. My body must have thought I was still doing too much, I have had a few more contractions again.

Obviously, I am stupid and think I know more about my body than my Dr., well no more, I'm putting myself on (slightly modified) bed rest as of now. I'm only going to allow myself to watch TV, read, and have a small amount of computer time each day. Today really scared me...I guess that is what it takes to get through my thick skull.

Wish me luck with not going insane, I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

sara :) said...

What can I do to help out?

laina kay said...

Glad you're okay. It must be hard to not be able to get out especially this time of year. Take it easy and take care of yourself and that baby!