Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Valentine Fleet

I'm a sucker for punishment.
I saw these online and fondly remembered making them when I was a child and decided to do them for my youngest son's class (all my other kids are too old or too young) for valentines day. Yes, I know they aren't the traditional colors of the holiday, but that doesn't bother me...unlike not being able to find the right kind of rubber bands.

You see, they are suppossed to use only one piece of gum for the wings, not an entire pack. However due to the fact that these were the only rubber bands I could find, I didn't have much choice. One and even 2 pieces of gum bent wierd 'cause the band is too strong.

So, now I have to go back to the store and buy a whole bunch of gum...sigh...the things we do for our kids (ok sort of for me, dang happy memory! LOL).

2 comments:

MKB said...

I totally remember these I always thought they were soooooo cool! You will definitely win the cool mom award.

laina kay said...

So cute! Bet the kids were thrilled with "whole packs of gum!" Love it!