Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

If you have never seen them perform, you need to...they are incredible! You can check them out here. I look forward to this concert every year, it is what gets me into the Christmas spirit. Thier music is a cross between rock and roll and classical, rather classical jazzed up with a bit of rock and roll. Last night was my fourth year seeing them perform here in Boise (Ok, so technically in Nampa at the Idaho Center). Their music is a feast for the soul, and their light show, complete with pyrotechnics, is a feast for the eyes. The only thing that kind of bummed me out about it was that my favorite singer from past years, was no longer there and for the life of me I can not remember his name.

I'm going to spend some time trying to find him on the 'net today...he is so talented and his voice makes me melt. I found him!



His name is Guy LeMonnier and his voice is so incredible. You can go hear him at his site, he has some samplings of his work on there, they aren't the best quality, but you will get the idea. The new guy they had was OK, but I prefer Guy's voice...it is just richer (and it gives me wonderful shivers all over). LOL

No comments: