Saturday, December 13, 2008

Visiting with Santa

We had a ward Christmas party tonight (can you say free meal? though not as good as past years), and of course after all the spiritual stuff (which was good for my soul at least) Santa came to visit. I like that they do this because then I can get picts with Santa without having to take my kids to the dreaded mall.

First, baby dd did fabulous! Most other kids around her age were crying, throwing fits, or just not willing to even get close. I think it helped that she was a little bit tired. Youngest ds...well I'm not so sure he believes anymore, which is kind of sad, but he was more than willing to hop on, tell Santa he wanted a laptop and receive his candy bag (which turned out to be only peanuts-they ran out of the good stuff).
I wasn't too shocked to discover my teens wanted in on the action. Middle ds played the part and asked for something (I can't remember), but older dd (back row on right) and her friends just wanted the photo op. I believe there is a part of them that just isn't willing to totally give up on Santa yet, and I'm good with that.

Then came the funny hubbys. This is my hubby on the right and his best bud on the left.
When these two get together, there is usually some kind of silly nonsense going down.
They both acted like little boys...telling Santa everything they wanted for Christmas.
Too bad they asked for such big boy toys, I know Santa can't afford those! LOL
We, the wives can't help it, we love these goofballs.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's a really pretty picture of Jaci. Mark and his friend look like they're having a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

Oh ya Mark and his buddy have fun where ever they are together, and apart if they can. LOL